How to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Did you know that the Environmental Protection Agency ranks poor indoor air quality among the top five environmental risks to public health? And just think that people spend up to 90 percent of their time, indoors.
So, how do we help get rid of poor Indoor Air Quality?
- Change your HVAC Air Filter Regularly. Purchasing a high quality 1” thick air filter can cause restrictions in your system and cause problems resulting from low airflow. A thicker, 4-5” filter can allow higher airflow due to a higher available surface area on the filter. Rhymes Heating and Cooling offers a variety of air cleaners that will dramatically improve the air quality in your home.
- Avoid dust accumulation.
- Make sure your ductwork is sealed tight. This more important for those who have ducts through attics, however if your basement is not finished and it’s always warm in the winter and cold in the summer, you could benefit from Rhymes Heating and Cooling seal your ductwork.
- Purchase a UV Light. These systems use the UV to kill unwanted bacteria. At Rhymes Heating and Cooling we recommend installing a UV light over the indoor coil, to keep the coil free of harmful bacteria and mold.
- Retain indoor humidity at healthy levels. Suggested humidity levels are between 35 and 55 percent. To control humidity level in a home, typically the use of a humidifier or dehumidifier is necessary. Rhymes Heating and Cooling can install and service both.
- Look at purchasing a whole house air purifier and cleaner. There are several different levels of air cleaners, obviously the more expensive units will do a better job of cleaning your indoor air, however, there are many homes that will see a dramatic improvement with just a standard 4” thick media filter.
At Rhymes Heating and Cooling, we can prescribe the right Healthy Home Solution to help capture, kill and eliminate those airborne irritants. Rhymes Heating and Cooling a Ryan Family tradition trusted by St. Louis homeowners since 1926. Call Us at 314-638-8181 or 636-391-1200 for any indoor comfort need.
Blogs managed by St. Louis Media, LLC